If you plan to buy a home soon, you will need to know "where you are going." For a most enjoyable home-buying experience, first build a roadmap to your new home, a list of priorities that will lead you to your objective - a new home!
The first priority is your time frame. Keep in mind that it may take 30-90 days (or more) to locate the right home, secure financing, and complete the home-buying process.
The next priority is to create a detailed description of the home you hope to find. Developing a Home Search Criteria to help you distinguish between "need to have" features and "nice to have" features will save you lots of time and stress. Be Specific. Include architectural style, number of bedrooms and baths, location, lot size, and other special requirements. Number your preferences in order of greatest importance to you.
There's nothing we take more seriously than helping our customers find a new home they love. During the home search, we will:
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of each home you are shown.
- Keep you informed on a regular basis.
- Check the MLS database and with other Brokers regularly for new listings.
- Prepare a list of all homes that best meet your unique needs and wants.
- Keep you up to date on changing financial conditions that may affect the housing market.
- Be available to answer your questions or offer assistance regarding your home purchase.
- Discuss which types of finance are best for you relative to properties that may be of interest to you.
- Determine what you will qualify for.
- Refer you to qualified Lenders to help you get a mortgage.